Top 3 Reasons to Earn Your GRI
It doesn’t matter if you’ve been in the business a while or are just starting out. If you’re hungry for more success, it’s time to raise your real estate career to a higher level by earning the most comprehensive real estate designation: Graduate, REALTOR® Institute ("GRI").
1. Gain comprehensive knowledge in:
- Sales Process: Business development, sales and marketing, customer and client services, and cultural diversity
- Legal and Regulatory: Fair housing and contracts
- Technology: Communications, general technology, and real estate business technology
- Professional Standards: NAR Code of Ethics and Standards, arbitration, and mediation.
2. Build confidence — Past graduates consistently say they love their GRI because it gave them confidence in their own skills and credibility with clients—essential components for building a successful real estate career.
3. Impress consumers — With “Graduate, REALTOR® Institute” by your name, stand out in your market as an agent who takes advanced real estate education seriously. Upon completion, you will receive a link to a video you can share with potential clients highlighting the advantages of working with a GRI.
Need more reasons?
*Source: 2013 NAR Member Profile
How is the GRI different? Unlike most NAR designations, the GRI is managed independently by each state association of REALTORS®, with slightly different course requirements. This provides an optimal blend of state-specific content along with national perspectives. Also, GRI designees do not pay any annual dues to maintain their designation.
Click here for more information about Minnesota's GRI requirements. View this video on the GRI Designation.
- GRI-approved courses are available through the Minnesota REALTORS®. Find courses offered in your area by clicking HERE and specifying “GRI Course” in the tags menu.
- Find GRI courses offered by our online service provider by going HERE and clicking “Click here” for more information.
General information on the GRI Designation is available from the National Association of REALTORS®.
Are you ready to become a GRI and elevate your business? Get started today. For additional information, contact Mary Gleason Best for more information.
CRS - Certified Residential Specialist: See the Minnesota CRS Community page for more information on the CRS Designation.
Visit www.crs.com for more information on the Designation requirements.
Additional Designations/Certifications: For more information on NAR's family of Designations and Certifications, visit www.realtor.org/designations-and-certifications.