DOC Education Requirements
The Department of Commerce (DOC) requires all real estate salespersons and real estate brokers to successfully complete 30 hours of approved real estate continuing education (CE) during their initial license period and each succeeding two-year license period.
At least 15 of the 30 credit hours must be completed during the first 12 months of that period.
A minimum of 30 credit hours of approved courses each two-year license period must include:
- 1 credit hour from a class or classes in fair housing
- 1 credit hour per licensing period from a class or classes in agency law
- The annual assigned required module. Required module titles* and credit hours are subject to change each year.
- No credit will be earned if you previously got credit for the same course during the same licensing period.
- You will not get credit for more than eight hours of CE in one day.
Contact your course provider if you took a course that is not listed on your CE transcript. The DOC cannot assist you with this issue. All completed CE courses must be uploaded by the course provider.