According to a survey conducted by Entrata, a property management software company, many renters have moved during the pandemic, with more planning to move soon.
- 22% of those who have already moved in the past year did so because they needed more space
- 46% survey respondents said they plan to move soon
- 33% of respondents indicated they’re renting again because homeownership is too expensive, with 39% saying they cannot afford a downpayment
- 47% went to a month-to-month lease because of the pandemic
- Only 14% of renters indicated their rent decreased because of restrictions on property amenities such as fitness centers and playgrounds
- 45% of renters say the still want good amenities, but will choose a property based on price or location
Read the full report here.